JPI operates with a hybrid work model which includes in office meetings and remote work. Internships will remain remote with opportunities for in-person engagement for local students.
Applications are accepted on a semester basis. Deadline: November 17, 2023.
Interested applicants should fill out the following form and attach a resume and a cover letter detailing why they are interested in working with JPI. Applicants must have specific interest in research, communications, and organizing. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps. No phone calls please.
The Justice Policy Institute is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to reducing the use of incarceration and the justice system by promoting fair and effective policies.
We seek self-motivated interns with demonstrated investment in the field who are interested in gaining experience in the practical application of criminal legal and juvenile legal reform by participating in all aspects of JPI’s work. This work may include:
– Assisting with and/or authoring research materials
– Gathering and analyzing data
– Create written, video, or audio materials for JPI’s digital media platforms
– Scanning news sources and assisting with JPI’s daily digital media platforms
– Participating in and developing materials for state-based strategy meetings
Additionally, a strong candidate will possess the following qualifications:
– Strong writing skills
– Strong organizational skills
– Basic understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods
– Experience with digital media platforms with experience and interest in editing video and blogging
Selected candidates will receive hands-on experience conducting research, analyzing policy, communicating across an array of platforms, and working closely with other organizations to advocate for reform and social change. We are committed to creating a fulfilling and rewarding internship experience. We remain flexible around students’ school and/or work activities. This is an unpaid internship.
Only candidates receiving an interview will be contacted for next steps. Please do not follow-up via email, or phone calls.
We look forward to hearing from you!